An Approval procedure can be set up if you want extra focus on quality control of specific types of documents shared in the Workspace.
Technically, the Approval procedure will be set up as a 'fence' around selected Document lists in the Publication space. If a file is released to a Document list it will be placed in a filter/a list, which selected users have to "Approve" or "Reject".
Beside the unique file name of the Project, the revision number will also be unique in case of an Approval procedure. This means that if a user releases a new file version, it MUST have a higher revision number.
It is therefore important that the design team agree on how the revision number is indicated on the files, and that these will be checked carefully before a file is approved. The following are some examples of revision numbers and how Docia Project is working with them.
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (…) 9, 10, 11, 12 …
- A, B, C, D (…) Z, AA, AB, AC, …
- A, B, C, D (…) Z, a, b, c, …
- A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1, C2, C3, C4, …
- A.1, A.2, A.3, B.1, B.2, C.1, C.2, C.3, C.4, …
Create an Approval procedure - How to:
- Login to www.rib-software.co.uk
- Click "Applications" in the blue toolbar
- Select the application "Project"
- Under "Ongoing Docia Projects" is the list of the Projects you have access to
- Open a Project by clicking on its title
- Go to the module "Project administration"
- Go to the "Approval procedure" by the left panel
- Select "Create approval procedure" by the top toolbar
- Enter a name, select the "Approval users" and which order the approval has to follow, and which Document lists it applies to
Approve or reject file versions - How to:
If you are responsible for the approval, you'll receive a notification as email when a file is waiting for approval.
- Login to www.rib-software.dk and open a Project
- Go to the module "Publication space"
- Select the filter "Waiting for approval" by the left panel
- Mark a file
- Select "Approve or reject file versions" by the top toolbar
NB! Remember to check the revision number, because the approval is set up to block approval of file versions with the same revision number.