When a user is added to a Project, you have to grant rights, so the user can access the intended folders and files.
It is possible to grant user rights immediately after you have added a new user to the Project. You can also do this later.
Step by Step:
- Login to www.rib-software.co.uk
- Click "Applications" in the blue toolbar
- Select the application "Project"
- Under "Ongoing Docia Projects" is the list of the Projects you have access to
- Open a Project by clicking on its title
- Select the module "Project administration" and select "Users"
- Click on a user and a new window opens
- Under the tab "Access" - Mark the modules, that has to be visible for the user. It is also possible to give temporary access to the modules by entering a start and finish date at the "Access period"
- Under the tab "Admin. roles" - It is possible to make the user a Project administrator, Administrator of the Publication space, Administrator of the Distribution space or Coordinator of the Distribution space
- Under the tab "Groups" you can add the user to a Group by marking the Group you want to add the user to. Be aware that you have to assign folder permissions to the Groups (see related links)
- Under the tab "Publication space" you give access to the Document lists in the Publication space. It is possible to give a user rights to have access, to publish or distribute files in the document list
- Under the tab "Distribution" you give the user access to the Distribution space
- Under the tab "Synchronisation" you can synchronize a user with another user. If you have been through the user access procedure, and have to add a new user with the same rights, you can synchronize the two. That way you save time, because the access is copied from one user to the other. Click the "Synchronisation" and select a user from the list