In RIB Project it is possible to edit files, both the content of a document directly and/or its metadata.
Metadata - How to:
- Open the project
- Navigate to a folder and select one or more files
- Select "Edit file information" by the top toolbar
- A metadata-window opens where you can edit, and finish with "OK"
Content - How to:
- Navigate to a folder and select a file
- Select "More..." and then "Edit file on server"
- The file will open in a program installed on your computer. Edit, save the file, and close the program
- Go back to RIB Project and click the link "Save a new file version on the RIB server"
Locking - How to:
- Find a folder and select a file
- Select the "Lock/Unlock latest file version" by the top toolbar
- You can add a comment with why you are locking the file
You can't upload a new file version on a locked file, and it can only be opened by the Project administrator or the user who locked it.
Hold your mouse/arrow over the icon to the left of the file name and see who locked the file, and possibly a comment that describes why it's locked.