Version sets are used for creating documentation for a Project milestone. This is useful for e.g., phase shifts and tenders.
Even if files/folders are updated with new versions you will see how the Project documentation looked like at that time, with Version sets.
The files are selected from either the Workspace or the Publication space when the Version set is set up. The user access are given afterwards.
- Open the Project
- Go to either the Workspace or the Publication space
- Select "Version sets" via the left panel
- Select "Create version set" via the top toolbar
- Create a name for the Version set
- Select if the rights should be copied from another Project
- Click "Next"
You can give three different user rights to a Version set:
- Administrator: Access to read and edit the content and change the settings of the Version set
- Document coordinator: Access to read and edit the content
- Observer: Access to read the content